Do You Know a Teacher Who Inspires?
Introducing the 2017 Bucks County Teacher of the Year!
Please join us in saying congratulations to our 2017 Teacher of the Year, Matthew Fash from Lenape Middle School!
Matt was announced as the winner at the Inspire FCU 81st Annual Meeting. He was awarded a $2,500 prize. The two runners-up, Dana DiJoseph and Michael Zweig, each received a $1,000 prize. The schools of each finalist each receive $500.
The top ten finalists were selected by the community through an online voting process. During the voting period, over 40,000 votes were cast for 250 teachers in Bucks County.
The 2017 top 10 finalists:
- Dana DiJoseph – Belmont Hills Elementary School
- Jodie Kurley – Albert Schweitzer Elementary School
- Karen McGuckin – Mill Creek Elementary School
- Kelly Alberts – Carl Sandburg Middle School
- Kenneth Ehrmann – Seylar Elementary School
- Kristina Temple – Brookwood Elementary School
- Matthew Fash – Lenape Middle School
- Michael Zweig – Pine Run Elementary School
- Michelle Kramer – Bensalem High School
- Patricia Wright – William Penn Middle School
We are giving you the chance to learn more about each of the finalists with the Teachers Spotlight on our blog. From here, a committee will evaluate and judge all ten finalists submissions and determine the top three and eventual winner. The three finalists will be invited to the Inspire FCU 81st Annual Meeting where the winner will be announced and awarded a $2,500 prize. The two runners-up will each receive a $1,000 prize and all three schools with be awarded $500.
Thank you for your nominations and for voting for your favorite teacher!
A special thank you to our sponsors, Sperry Van Ness and Arosso's! Thanks to their generous support of the Teacher of the Year contest, we have been able to increase the dollar value of the prizes we are awarding!
Click here for full rules.